Customs and excise advisory
We offer support in planning and conducting transactions across borders and customs and excise audit. The purpose of our service is to provide correctness in customs clearing and excise duties, VAT on imported products and tax optimization when trading goods abroad.
Customs and excise advisory covers four areas:
- Preparation of complaints, appeals and motions in the name of entities engaged in international trade to Customs Chamber
- Help with obtaining written interpretation of customs regulations in the sphere of Binding Tariff Information, Binding Origin Information
- Help in obtaining Excise Binding Information
- Verification of correctness in the clearing customs duties, excise tax and VAT on imported products
- Analysis of regularities in applied tariff classification and calculations of the customs value of imported goods
- Conduction of proper verification of customs declaration helps to avoid initiation of customs proceedings that can expose business owners to negative financial consequences in the form of a reverse calculation of duties and taxes
Planning of transactions:
- Planning of transactions based on minimizing costs of duties and taxes on all types of customs clearance and goods trade with the use of non-economic limitations such as: trade of strategic goods, trade of waste management, trade of dangerous goods etc.
- Assessment of the effects of transactions in the eyes of customs laws, VAT on imported goods and excise tax (formal obligations, classification for excise tax, settling excise tax)
- Current interpretation of customs and tax regulations
Legal advisory and representation for customs and excise cases:
- Legal advisory in proceedings connected with granting concessions, permits and authorizations
- Complex help and representation of a company with customs and tax bodies – in customs tax proceedings in front of customs offices, tax authorities, UKS and proceedings in front of administrative courts
Principles of cooperation:
Analysis of transactions and excise and customs advisory offered by our professionals are focused on minimizing tax costs and customs and improving the flow of money. We take care, among others: import and export of excise goods, excise tax exemptions, fees, customs exemptions and limitations, classifications of goods for taxation and customs purposes.
We take care of correctness of customs clearings and excise tax and VAT on imported goods to reveal formal irregularities and to eliminate customs and tax risks.